Skip to main content

Angelika's Interview with Author Bobby Nash





Interviewing Author Bobby Nash

Angelika's  Interview with Author Bobby Nash

Q1. Tell me about your self what are your favorite books to read?

A. I am an author. I write novels, comic books, short stories, and have dabbled with screenplays. I currently have over 100 stories in print and I keep writing and hoping one of them will eventually become a New York Times Best Seller. I like to read different genres, but thrillers, crime, and sci-fi are my favorite genres. I love the Harry Bosch and Lincoln Lawyer novels by Michael Connelly, the Maggie O’Dell and Ryder Creed novels by Alex Kava, and books by Van Allen Plexico, Dan Jolley, Derrick Ferguson, Paul Bishop, Timothy Zahn, Jonathan Maberry, Christopher Golden, David Mack, and more.

Q2.when did you decide you were going to write a book?

A. I started getting the itch to write in high school. My dream, in those days, was to become a comic book artist so I started writing stories that I could then draw. Turns out, I was a much better writer than the artist and I eventually, on the advice of a friend, focused on the writing and eventually found a publisher interested in hiring me. My first comic book came out in 1992, but my first professional comics gig was in 2000. From comics, came the urge to write a novel, then another. I sold my first novel in 2004 and it released in 2005. That novel led to a publisher hiring me to write some short stories in 2006. I’ve been pretty busy since then.


Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?

A. The names come to me in different ways. EVIL WAYS, my first published novel got its title while I was writing it. There’s a chapter where a character sings with the house band in a bar. The next three songs that played on the radio were the ones I used. One of those songs was Carlos Santana’s Devil Ways. I thought that was a good title so I added it to the list of potential titles, but it stuck. I kept referring to the novel as Evil Ways so I used it. DEADLY GAMES! is a title that fits the plot. EARTHSTRIKE AGENDA was just a cool sounding title. The SNOW books have titles where I can incorporate “Snow” into the title. That gives me a lot of options. Basically, I go with my gut.

Q4. What are you working on for 2019?

A. 2019 is shaping up to be a busy year. In addition to releasing several books on audio, I’m writing a four-book comedy/horror series called Hunter Houston: Horror Hunter for Falstaff Books. I will write at least two more Snow books for BEN Books in 2019; Snow Business and Snow Down. I would love to do more. We’ll see how the year goes. I’m also putting the finishing touches on a Secret Agent X Legacy novel for Pro Se Productions, Evil Intent, Deadly Deals!, and the first Sheriff Myers mystery for BEN Books, and the long-delayed Lance Star: Sky Ranger novel for Airship 27 Productions. There are some other things in there as well, but these are the biggies.

Q5. How long have you been writing?

A. I started in the 1980s while I was in high school and was first published in 1992 so roughly 30 years. WOW. Now I feel old. Ha! Ha!

Q6. What advice would you give other authors? 

A. Have fun with your writing and trust your characters. That’s always the most important. Decide what your goals are and make plans to meet your goals. Not everyone has the same goals so you have to decide what works for you and plan accordingly. If you want to write for a living then be prepared to treat it like a job. That means writing even when you don’t feel like it, hitting deadlines, long days. It’s worth the effort, but know what you want out of writing and set goals. If you want to write for fun, as a hobby, there’s nothing wrong with that either.

7.where can people find you online?

www.bobbynash.com is my website. Everything you need to know about me and my work can be found there. I’m on social media as well and you can find links on my website.

www.ben-books.com is my indie publishing imprint.

Q8. Do you plan on making more books in the future?

A. Oh, absolutely. I hope to be writing for years to come.

Q9. How many books have you written?

A. I recently did a count when asked this question in an interview. Here’s how it shakes out.

21 novels/novellas/collections
47 short stories/anthologies
49 comic books/graphic novels
Total: 117 (published). 

There are some written that are not out yet. There are also assorted comic strips, articles, interviews, etc. that I didn’t count. I did not count paperback/HC/ebook/audio versions separately either.

10 did you go to college to be a writer?

I did not. I took a few writing classes, but it was not my primary field of study. Most of what I have learned about writing has been stuff I learned while being a writer. A lot o what I know is self-taught or things I learned from other writers either directly or by watching how they do things. I am still learning new things about writing all the time.

Thanks for the questions. This was a fun interview.

Bobby Nash Author Bio:
Bobby Nash is an award-winning author. He writes novels, comic books, short stories, and more. Bobby is a member of the International Association of Media Tie-in Writers and International Thriller Writers. On occasion, he occasionally appears in movies and TV shows, usually standing behind your favorite actor.

He was named Best Author in the 2013 Pulp Ark Awards. Rick Ruby, a character co-created by Bobby & Sean Taylor also snagged Best New Pulp Character of 2013. Bobby has been nominated for the 2014 New Pulp Awards and Pulp Factory Awards for his work. Bobby's novel, Alexandra Holzer's Ghost Gal: The Wild Hunt won a Paranormal Literary Award in the 2015 Paranormal Awards. Bobby Nash penned an episode of Starship Farragut "Conspiracy of Innocence" won the Silver Award in the 2015 DC Film Festival. Bobby's novel, Snow Drive was nominated for Best Novel in the 2018 Pulp Factory Awards. Bobby's story in The Ruby Files Vol. 2 "Takedown" won the 2018 Pulp Factory Award for Best Short Story.

For more information on Bobby Nash please visit him at www.bobbynash.com, www.ben-books.com, and across social media.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Interview Author Gabriella Messina

Interview Author Gabriella Messina Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read?  A.  I’ve found that, as I continue to grow as a writer, I’ve grown more selective as a reader. I tend to choose books from the same genres that I write… mysteries, historical fiction, fantasy… and I gravitate back to older books more than newer. I like stories that move at a good, steady pace, almost like a well-made film; that isn’t preachy, but still, give you something to think about; and that have well-developed characters that act like real people.  Q2.when did you decide you were going to write a book? I’d been  A.writing screenplays since the early 2000s and I’d gotten some notice for them, but getting into that industry is notoriously difficult and expensive. Then I learned about the rise of indie publishing, KDP and such, and decided to try adapting the stories into novels. Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?  A. Poetry, songs, 

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter Q1. Tell us about yourself. What are your favorite books to read? A. I started reading clean romance when I was fourteen. I married my high school sweetheart and worked as a hairdresser for ten years. Once insurance became important, I went to work at a bank and the corporate offices of a large fragrance company. After our son was born, I became a stay at home mom. I love reading Christian Contemporary Romance. Q2. Where did the inspiration to write come from? A. There came a time when I couldn’t find anything clean anymore when I was in my early thirties, so I decided to write what I wanted to read. My characters kept praying and talking to God and I realized I was writing Christian romance instead of merely clean. It took me nine and a half years to get published. Q3. How did you come up with the titles of your books? A. I start with a working title that fits the theme of the book. Sometimes, I change it as