Skip to main content

Interviewing Author Lindsay McCarthy



Interviewing Author  Lindsay McCarthy 


Q1. Tell me about yourself? 

A. I have been married to my husband Mike for 14 years and we have two amazing kids and a Beagle puppy. We have a home in Austin, TX and one in Silverthorne, CO, and split our time between the two places. We spend summer and winter in Colorado and spring and fall in Austin so we get the best weather in both places. I was a college athlete and love to spend time outdoors doing active things with my family. I also love to travel. Some of my favorite places I’ve been are to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, Japan, Greece, Bonaire, Belize, and Italy. I also love to write, garden, and drink tea. I was a home school mom for 4 years, but have recently decided to send our kids to an alternative school called Acton Academy.  

Q2.What are your favorite books to read? 

A. I love all different kinds of books! I lead 2 book clubs so I’m reading all the time. In one we alternate fiction and non-fiction books and in the other, we read primarily self-help type books. As a family, we still read aloud at bedtime and my kids fall asleep to an audiobook every night. I also love to read the kid's picture books with a positive message. I love reading books with other people to create a shared experience and a common language. I think reading can really bring people together! Some of the best books I’ve read this year are Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell, Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls, The Summer of Monkeys by Wilson Rawls, and Personality Isn’t Permanent by Benjamin Hardy. 

Q3. When did you decide you were going to write a book? 

A. I’ve always loved to write and have been making little picture books ever since I was a kid. In 2007, two years before giving birth to my son, I had a vision of interviewing people I thought were excellent parents to learn their best advice. Luckily I waited until I was done having kids before writing a parenting book in 2016. 

Q4. How did you come up with the name of your book? 

A. My book is in a series of books with the same name, so I really didn’t have much say in the title. The original Miracle Morning was written by Hal Elrod and now there are over a dozen books in the series. After we read his book and started practicing the Miracle Morning as a family, we got to meet Hal at a conference and tell him what we were up to. A few days later, we had a contract with him to write a book to help parents and families create their own morning ritual. Since writing the book together, our families have become really close and now we actually live in the same neighborhood.

Q5. What are you working on for 2021? 
A. 2020 has been an interesting year, to say the least. In 2021, I hope we can get back to planning family retreats in person :) 

Q6. How long have you been writing? 

A. As soon as I was able to write, I’ve been keeping journals. I think I was 8 when I filled up my first journal. Most of my writing I still keep to myself, but I do have a blog where I write when I find myself getting the same question over and over again. 

Q7.What advice would you give other authors? 

A. There is no shame in self-publishing! The industry is changing and literally, ANYONE can write a book. If you really want to write a book, I’d highly recommend looking into Self-Publishing School with Chandler Bolt https://self-publishingschool.com/ or reading Honoree Corder’s book “You Must Write a Book."

8. Where can people find you online? 
You can find me on my website, www.gratefulparent.com, or in my Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/TMM4P/ You can find my book "The Miracle Morning for Parents and Families" on Amazon :)

Q9. What is your favorite coffee drink? 
A. I actually rarely drink coffee, but I love coffee ice cream :)

10. What is your favorite coffee shop? 
A. In Frisco, CO there is a little coffee shop inside a book store called The Next Page. It’s one of my favorite places to go when we’re in CO. 

Q11. Do you plan on making a new book in the future? 
A. I’ve always toyed with the idea of writing a picture book version of our book for kids, but haven’t made it a reality…YET. 

Q12. How many books have you written? 
A. Just the one so far. 

Q13. Did you go to college to be a writer? 

A. Nope, I was a business major in college and I strongly believe if you have a great story, it doesn’t matter if you went to college at all, just get a good editor :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Interview Author Gabriella Messina

Interview Author Gabriella Messina Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read?  A.  I’ve found that, as I continue to grow as a writer, I’ve grown more selective as a reader. I tend to choose books from the same genres that I write… mysteries, historical fiction, fantasy… and I gravitate back to older books more than newer. I like stories that move at a good, steady pace, almost like a well-made film; that isn’t preachy, but still, give you something to think about; and that have well-developed characters that act like real people.  Q2.when did you decide you were going to write a book? I’d been  A.writing screenplays since the early 2000s and I’d gotten some notice for them, but getting into that industry is notoriously difficult and expensive. Then I learned about the rise of indie publishing, KDP and such, and decided to try adapting the stories into novels. Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?  A. Poetry, songs, 

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter Q1. Tell us about yourself. What are your favorite books to read? A. I started reading clean romance when I was fourteen. I married my high school sweetheart and worked as a hairdresser for ten years. Once insurance became important, I went to work at a bank and the corporate offices of a large fragrance company. After our son was born, I became a stay at home mom. I love reading Christian Contemporary Romance. Q2. Where did the inspiration to write come from? A. There came a time when I couldn’t find anything clean anymore when I was in my early thirties, so I decided to write what I wanted to read. My characters kept praying and talking to God and I realized I was writing Christian romance instead of merely clean. It took me nine and a half years to get published. Q3. How did you come up with the titles of your books? A. I start with a working title that fits the theme of the book. Sometimes, I change it as