Skip to main content

Interviewing Children's Author Aileen Stewart 2017


Interviewing Children's Author Aileen Stewart 2017

Q 1. When did you decide you were going to write a Children's book?

A. I’ve enjoyed writing since I was nine years old, but I didn’t really think about writing actual children’s books until I had my daughter. When she was about three, we were watching our favorite cartoons, and I realized they were based on books. I mentioned to my husband that I thought I could write a cartoon worthy children’s book, and he said to me, “Well, why don’t you.” After I thought about that for a bit I decided it was worth a try and that is how the first book in my Fern Valley Series was born.

Q 2. How did you come up with the name of your children's books?

A. I’m not really sure how I came up with the name for my first book. The name, Fern Valley, just popped into my head, and I thought it would be a perfect name for a small farming town. When I started to write the next book I decided to choose, Return to Fern Valley, because the readers would be revisiting the Fern Valley Kids and seeing what new adventures they were up to. When I added recipes in the third book, it just seemed natural to call it Cooking in Fern Valley. When I started my picture book series, I called the first book, Quack, and Daisy, after the two main characters. Quack seemed an obvious name for a duckling and Daisy is the name of one of our family’s three cats.


Q.3 How long have you been writing?

A. Like I mentioned before, I have been writing since I was nine years old. My fourth-grade teacher entered everyone in the class in a poetry contest and I won an honorable mention. That, along with the fact that my dad was a freelance author for hunting and fishing magazines, led me to realize I had a love of words. Before my first book published went into publication in January of 2011, I wrote my own poetry for family Christmas cards. 

Q. 4 What are you currently working on?

A. I just finished a Middle-Grade manuscript called Anchovia’s Quest. Anchovia’s Quest is the story of thirteen-year-old Anchovia Melekhov, in the foster system since she was three, who only wants two things in life, to find her true identity and to find unconditional love. As she sets out on a journey to locate her unknown parents, with the help of her foster parents and her new friend Josh, she eventually discovers both. And in the process, she learns that she is stronger than she ever imagined


Q. 5  Do you plan on writing any more children's books?

A. Yes. I am constantly writing picture books, I have just revised two manuscripts in a chapter book series called The Fanny Rothbottom Mysteries, and of course, I am working on the sequel of Anchovia’s Quest. Hopefully, I will be able to secure an agent soon, and one or more of these manuscripts will become published books.

Q.  6 What advice would you give other authors?  

A. I always tell new authors of the importance of the three Ps. Patience, Perseverance, and Positivity.

The publishing industry often seems to move at a snail’s pace, so if you don’t have patience you will go mad. It takes time for agents, editors, or publishers to go through the mountains of slush they receive on a daily basis. Because of this, an author needs to learn to play the waiting game without becoming discouraged.

Establishing yourself takes time as mentioned in point one, but it also takes persistence. You have to stick with your writing, your marketing, your social networking, your pursuit of an agent or publisher, your pursuit of excellence, or any other numerous tasks related to being an author. You cannot give up just because the journey is long and difficult. And finally, you have to a positivity. You must believe in yourself and your writing and know that eventually, all the waiting, the hard work, the brand building, and the learning from your mistakes will pay off.

Q. 7 Where can people find you online?

A. I have a website called Fun With Aileen where people can learn about me, can purchase copies of my books, and can contact me. I also have a Facebook Page under the name Author Aileen Stewart, and you can find me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/AileenWStewart

I enjoyed interviewing Aileen she surprised me with the last question and I liked it it's a good Question.

Enjoy reading Angelika 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter Q1. Tell us about yourself. What are your favorite books to read? A. I started reading clean romance when I was fourteen. I married my high school sweetheart and worked as a hairdresser for ten years. Once insurance became important, I went to work at a bank and the corporate offices of a large fragrance company. After our son was born, I became a stay at home mom. I love reading Christian Contemporary Romance. Q2. Where did the inspiration to write come from? A. There came a time when I couldn’t find anything clean anymore when I was in my early thirties, so I decided to write what I wanted to read. My characters kept praying and talking to God and I realized I was writing Christian romance instead of merely clean. It took me nine and a half years to get published. Q3. How did you come up with the titles of your books? A. I start with a working title that fits the theme of the book. Sometimes, I change it as

Beaches i have been to and what i found and saw on the beach!

I have traveled so much with my family having a stepdad who travels for his job has been a blast and a blessing we have lived in so many places and got to see a lot of beaches this is me at myrtle beach. we loved myrtle beach, I found a lot of seashells there too and we saw birds and dead jellyfish and more, This is me when I was at north myrtle beach my family came in to town to visit us so we went to north myrtle beach and I find a cute little   hermit crab rolling around on the ocean floor so I picked it up and showed my aunt what I have found don't worry we put it back in the ocean.  honeymoon island in Florida loved it there we saw so many cool things and I am carrying my purple bag to find seashells I love seashells I have so many that I collected know we saw a sea turtle there and some birds and fish and I loved the sea air and how it smelled.  Hudson beach in  Hudson Florida that was beautiful too we went there for my sister autumns birthda