Skip to main content

interview with author Lydia Caatt


interview with author Lydia Caatt


Q1. Tell me about your self what are your favorite books to read?

A. I am a mother of 5, a cardiac nurse, and writer. I love all things outdoors but enjoy the indoors as well. I love classical music and movies. I love going to plays and operas. I love to read! It's funny because I write fantasy fiction for young adults, but my favorite books to read are regency, Celtic, and western romance. 

Q2.when did you decide you decide to write a book?

A. I never really decided I would write a book. It just kind of happened. I was going in for brain surgery and had no idea if I’d survive so I sat down and wrote one last story to my children-I always told them stories when we traveled. I finished the story the night before surgery and it was 240 pages long. My thought was, wow I just wrote a book. I didn’t die so I’ve been writing since. 

Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?

A. The first book I didn’t title until the editing process and I described in the book- the beads of dew sparkling on glades of grass that sparked in the morning sun like diamonds. It was that moment I knew the title. The titles for the rest of the series came easily after that. The next series I’ve written; however, is still untitled so I hope inspiration comes as I begin the editing process. 

Q4.What are you working on for 2019?

A. Right now I am editing the final book of the Fight for Danyon series. It is my goal to release it in early summer 2019. I will then move onto editing the next series I have written. 

Q5.How long have you been writing?

A. I’ve been writing since 2011-sort of. I wrote all my books in 2011-2012 and have a journal full of more ideas. It wasn’t until the beginning of 2018 I got serious about editing and then publishing. Morning Diamond was released in May 2018 and Sunset Rubies released in Nov 2018. I’m hoping Midnight Pearl will release in May or June 2019. 

Q6.What advice would you give other authors?

A. Just write. If you have a story in you, write it. Do it because you love it. 

Q7.where can people find you online?

A. My books are currently on amazon.com and kindle. You can also visit my web site at lydiacaatt.com. I’m also on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I have video trailers of both Morning Diamond and Sunset Rubies on YouTube as well. 

Q8. How many books have you written?

A. Currently, I have written 9 books, but only two are published at this time. I also intend to keep writing after all 9 are on the market.

Q9. did you go to college to be a writer?

A. I went to college to be a registered nurse. But I’ve always had a passion for using my imagination and telling stories. I’m now using that passion to live a dream I never knew existed inside me.


I would like to say thank you too, Lydia, Caatt for allowing me to interview her on my blog.

enjoy reading Angelika 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Interview Author Gabriella Messina

Interview Author Gabriella Messina Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read?  A.  I’ve found that, as I continue to grow as a writer, I’ve grown more selective as a reader. I tend to choose books from the same genres that I write… mysteries, historical fiction, fantasy… and I gravitate back to older books more than newer. I like stories that move at a good, steady pace, almost like a well-made film; that isn’t preachy, but still, give you something to think about; and that have well-developed characters that act like real people.  Q2.when did you decide you were going to write a book? I’d been  A.writing screenplays since the early 2000s and I’d gotten some notice for them, but getting into that industry is notoriously difficult and expensive. Then I learned about the rise of indie publishing, KDP and such, and decided to try adapting the stories into novels. Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?  A. Poetry, songs, 

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter Q1. Tell us about yourself. What are your favorite books to read? A. I started reading clean romance when I was fourteen. I married my high school sweetheart and worked as a hairdresser for ten years. Once insurance became important, I went to work at a bank and the corporate offices of a large fragrance company. After our son was born, I became a stay at home mom. I love reading Christian Contemporary Romance. Q2. Where did the inspiration to write come from? A. There came a time when I couldn’t find anything clean anymore when I was in my early thirties, so I decided to write what I wanted to read. My characters kept praying and talking to God and I realized I was writing Christian romance instead of merely clean. It took me nine and a half years to get published. Q3. How did you come up with the titles of your books? A. I start with a working title that fits the theme of the book. Sometimes, I change it as