Skip to main content

Interviewing Author Alan Black



Interviewing Author Alan Black


Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? 

A.  I am semi-retired. My journey into writing began in college.  My origin as a writer was that of being a song lyricist.  Over the years I have worked on many different projects covering a wide spectrum of musical genres.  As I continued writing for music it has resulted in my writing evolving into that of being a Christian writer as well. 
 I enjoy reading books based on the Christian faith and quite often find myself reading online different excerpts from articles and books daily.  

Q2. When did you decide you were going to write a book?

A. To be honest I was not planning to write a book. During my slow time in the mornings, I found myself doing what I call camping.  Essentially vamping for me is writing out my Essentially vamping for me is writing down my thoughts.  This began back in the summer of 2015.  As time went by I began sharing some of my writings with a friend.  My friend liked what I was writing and said that I need to write a book.  Personally, I did not see that as being possible.  But God continued to inspire and direct me in my writings to the point where I then took a step of faith to do my first book.  
My first book was released in the spring of 2017.  It was truly an act of God as I was being obedient to what He was calling me to do.     

Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?

A. The title for the first book I believe fits the journey that I undertook to become a published Christian author.  “Here I Am Lord” was the perfect title.  Along with my journey, I began saying to the Lord here I am.  I made it a point to stop trying to understand why it was happening.  I simply said here I am Lord, willing to be of service and follow the calling that you had for me.  
My second book is entitled “In The Spirit Intended.”  My basis for this title is that all that the Lord is having me to share with readers is in the spirit intended.  My prayer is that what I share with them resonates in their spirit.  The second aspect of the title is that each of my writings is coming from an ordinary man. Not someone who is a great scholar, or expert.  But from someone whose writings are coming from the heart and by direction of the Holy Spirit in the spirit intended.   

Q4. What are you working on for 2019?

A. After releasing my first book in 2017 my plans were to move on to other things.  But my plans had nothing to do with the Lord’s plan.  From 2017 through fall 2018 God continued to have me write. Thus for spring 2019, I will be releasing my second book.  The title of the book is “In The Spirit Intended”

Q5. How long have you been writing? 

A. Looking back I realize now that I have been writing in some form or fashion since college.  Now that has been 40 plus years.  I might add that I have now also been writing for a Christian blog in Singapore for 3 years and as well another Christian website through my denomination starting in 2019.  

Q6.  What advice would you give other authors? 

A. the most important thing is to remain true to what you are being called to do.  Being faithful to your calling and moving on faith will never leave you alone in your journey.  

Q7. Where can people find you online? 

A. I am online on my website.  www.alantblack.com
My first book “Here I Am Lord” is currently available on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/Here-Am-Lord-Alan-Black/dp/1982057289/ref=dp_ob_image_bk
My second book “In The Spirit Intended will be coming out in the spring of 2019. 

Q8. Do you plan on making more books in the future? 

A. I am planning to continue writing as the Lord leads me.  My plans to release the third book by 2021 if it is the Lord’s will. 

Q9.   How many books have you written? 

A. I have now written two books.  My second book as I mentioned is scheduled to be released this spring.  

Q10. 10 did you go to college to be a writer? 

A. I did not go to college to be a writer.  My journey into writing I believe began with the English classes that I took which sparked my interest in writing.  From there it has continued to grow and resulted in my now proudly say that I a Christian author and blogger.     


I would like to say thank you to Author Alan Black for allowing me to interview him on my blog. 

















Comments

  1. I love Sir Alan T. Black. He is a dynamic author and soul searching literary Christian angle. His works have blessed me tremendously!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Interview Author Gabriella Messina

Interview Author Gabriella Messina Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read?  A.  I’ve found that, as I continue to grow as a writer, I’ve grown more selective as a reader. I tend to choose books from the same genres that I write… mysteries, historical fiction, fantasy… and I gravitate back to older books more than newer. I like stories that move at a good, steady pace, almost like a well-made film; that isn’t preachy, but still, give you something to think about; and that have well-developed characters that act like real people.  Q2.when did you decide you were going to write a book? I’d been  A.writing screenplays since the early 2000s and I’d gotten some notice for them, but getting into that industry is notoriously difficult and expensive. Then I learned about the rise of indie publishing, KDP and such, and decided to try adapting the stories into novels. Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?  A. Poetry, songs, 

Beaches i have been to and what i found and saw on the beach!

I have traveled so much with my family having a stepdad who travels for his job has been a blast and a blessing we have lived in so many places and got to see a lot of beaches this is me at myrtle beach. we loved myrtle beach, I found a lot of seashells there too and we saw birds and dead jellyfish and more, This is me when I was at north myrtle beach my family came in to town to visit us so we went to north myrtle beach and I find a cute little   hermit crab rolling around on the ocean floor so I picked it up and showed my aunt what I have found don't worry we put it back in the ocean.  honeymoon island in Florida loved it there we saw so many cool things and I am carrying my purple bag to find seashells I love seashells I have so many that I collected know we saw a sea turtle there and some birds and fish and I loved the sea air and how it smelled.  Hudson beach in  Hudson Florida that was beautiful too we went there for my sister autumns birthda