Please Welcome David Mike to my blog today,
1. Tell me about yourself?
I am a Cosmetology Instructor in Omaha, NE, and have taught at the same school for almost 25 years. I’ve been married to the love of my life for 22 years and I have five amazing children.
2.What are your favorite books to read?
I am drawn to biographies and memoirs, especially the stories about people overcoming great obstacles or surviving extreme circumstances. It helps me, keep life in perspective.
3. When did you decide you were going to write a book?
Growing up as a military child, I have always been a storyteller. When you move around a lot, you find yourself exchanging past experiences with all the people you meet. When I told bits and pieces of a major life hiccup of mine, everyone told me, “You need to write a book!” So, I did.
4. How did you come up with the name of your book?
Dishonor: One Soldier’s Journey from Desertion to Redemption is the title of my book. It comes from the three years I spent in a US Army prison and how God used that time to get my attention.
5. What are you working on for 2021
It’s been a few years since I have written, however, I have a collection of memoir-style short stories on my blog, dilemmamike.com.
6. How long have you been writing?
I started writing in 2013 after joining a Facebook group started by Jon Acuff.
7.What advice would you give other authors?
Having someone say that your words helped them is one of the most rewarding feelings. Keep sharing your stories, because the world needs to hear them.
8. Where can people find you online?
on Facebook David Mike & @dilemmamike everywhere else.
9. What is your favorite coffee drink?
Almond milk-white mocha!
10. What is your favorite coffee shop?
11. Do you plan on making a new book in the future?
Possibly a compilation of my short stories.
12. How many books have you written?
13. Did you go to college to be a writer?
I did not.