Skip to main content

Interviewing Author Christie Black-Murrell


Please Welcome  Christie Black-Murrell to my blog today,  


Q1. Tell me about yourself?

A. Dr. Christie Black-Murrell is a devoted wife and enthusiastic mom of two adventurous little girls. Dr. Murrell has worked as a counselor in a variety of setting for the last 18 years but most recently as a School Counselor. She is a big kid who loves to read stories aloud and make characters come to life with puppets and animated voices. She has written over ten books from 2009 till today from varied genres to include: Poetry, Adult Fiction, and most recently Children Fiction. She lives to speak life into people through her books, counseling, and speaking engagements. She desires daily to show children that it is still good in the world and that they can be the “good” in the world. You can most often find Dr. Murrell spending time with her family, worshipping God, writing, or reading a good book.


Q2.What are your favorite books to read?

A. My favorite books to read truly depend on the day! I love poetry and I love romance. I also enjoy a good book that helps me find my center more like a devotional of some sort. Lately, I have been reading plenty of Children's books to my littles. 

Q3. When did you decide you were going to write a book?

A. I have been writing all of my life. However, as far as putting into a book came about when was I was finally able to share my very personal poetry with the world. My very first book was a collection of poetry that came from years of writing in my journals.  As far as my most recent releases in the Children's fiction world that came about from my two little girls' love for reading and hearing stories.


Q4. How did you come up with the name of your book?

A. True Friendship is sweet came out of the concept of making the connection between how much children love sweets and how true friendship is one of the greatest gifts. 


Q5. What are you working on for 2021

A. Since 2020 I have written 5 books to include: one concept book, coloring book, two journals, and most recently this children's short story. I plan to work on a coloring and activity book to pair with "True Friendship is Sweet." I will also have a bullying book to release in late October/early November and lastly a Christmas book. 


Q6. How long have you been writing?

A. I have been writing all my life! However, publishing for the last 13 years. 


Q7.What advice would you give other authors?

A. I would encourage other authors to find the story inside of them and follow that. I would also say write daily to keep your imagination flowing. Never give up on your books just find your audience


Q8. Where can people find you online?

A. Social Media:


FB:www.facebook.com/authorchristiemurrell

IG:www.instagram.com/christie_blackmurrell_author

Twitter: www.twitter.com/authorchris




Q9. What is your favorite coffee drink?

A. Hazelnut soy latte from Starbucks is my favorite!! Unless it is Christmas time then GINGERBREAD


Q10. What is your favorite coffee shop?

A. Starbucks 



Q11. Do you plan on making a new book in the future?

A. Plenty of new books in the future...3 more this year. 



Q12. How many books have you written?

A.12 books since 2010

Q13. Did you go to college to be a writer?

A. No, I actually went to school for Psychology and counseling. This is why the majority of my books I can use in a clinical session, or bibliotherapy with kids. 


 True Friendship is sweet

Emerson Ruth Johnson is a full of life, a racially sheltered, six-year-old African American girl from New York. In this story, Emerson experiences for the first time how different life can be in southern Georgia. Having only been taught that diversity is what makes us all special and what makes friendships so sweet…What new lessons will she learn while meeting and making friends? Will her new friendship allow her to start the conversation when it comes to embracing diversity? Find out as Emerson shares her sweet tale of friendship.

     “In the times that we are living in now I feel that it is essential to have the conversations early with our children about race, and differences so that they learn to embrace and see their uniqueness as a part of what makes them special and important to the world.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Interview Author Gabriella Messina

Interview Author Gabriella Messina Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read?  A.  I’ve found that, as I continue to grow as a writer, I’ve grown more selective as a reader. I tend to choose books from the same genres that I write… mysteries, historical fiction, fantasy… and I gravitate back to older books more than newer. I like stories that move at a good, steady pace, almost like a well-made film; that isn’t preachy, but still, give you something to think about; and that have well-developed characters that act like real people.  Q2.when did you decide you were going to write a book? I’d been  A.writing screenplays since the early 2000s and I’d gotten some notice for them, but getting into that industry is notoriously difficult and expensive. Then I learned about the rise of indie publishing, KDP and such, and decided to try adapting the stories into novels. Q3. How did you come up with the name of your books?  A. Poetry, songs, 

Beaches i have been to and what i found and saw on the beach!

I have traveled so much with my family having a stepdad who travels for his job has been a blast and a blessing we have lived in so many places and got to see a lot of beaches this is me at myrtle beach. we loved myrtle beach, I found a lot of seashells there too and we saw birds and dead jellyfish and more, This is me when I was at north myrtle beach my family came in to town to visit us so we went to north myrtle beach and I find a cute little   hermit crab rolling around on the ocean floor so I picked it up and showed my aunt what I have found don't worry we put it back in the ocean.  honeymoon island in Florida loved it there we saw so many cool things and I am carrying my purple bag to find seashells I love seashells I have so many that I collected know we saw a sea turtle there and some birds and fish and I loved the sea air and how it smelled.  Hudson beach in  Hudson Florida that was beautiful too we went there for my sister autumns birthda