Skip to main content

interviewing Author Jane Asamoah



1. tell me about yourself?
I was born and raised in Ghana, West Africa, and have lived most of my adult life in the
The United States of America. I’m a full-time wife and a mom to three precious boys. I live in
Roanoke, Virginia and serve in my community as a children’s supervisor in Bible Study
Fellowship.
I enjoy writing in my journal about my unique yet seemingly ordinary encounters with God
and people. I received my Bachelor of Arts degree in sociology from the University of Ghana
and my master’s degree in social work from the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. I see it as
a great joy and honor to partner with other believers in leading children in the ways of Jesus.
Jesus commissioned believers to make disciples and I believe that begins in our homes.


2. what are your favorite books to read?
There are several books that have impacted my life a great deal. A few of them are: “Grace
Revolution” by Joseph Prince, “Fervent” by Priscilla Shirer, “Raising Kingdom Kids” by
Tony Evans, “The Believer’s Authority” by Andrew Wommack, “If You Want to Walk on
Water, You’ve Got to Get Out of the Boat” by John Ortberg and others. My all-time favorite
book is Joyce Meyer’s “Do Yourself a Favor Forgive.” That book was a real eye-opener for
me.

3. please tell us about your book and what it is about?
God’s Unblinkable Eyes is about an inquisitive seven-year-old boy who asks his mom if he
could have a staring contest with God. His mom could have easily brushed him off or said
the obvious answer, “No, you cannot do that because God is a spirit.” Instead of a simple
leave me alone kind of answer, mom sees it as a teachable moment for her to tell her son
about the different things God uses His eyes for.

4. what are you working on for 2022?
I’m working on my third children’s book. About 80% of the work is done but it’s not quite
there yet.

5. what advice would you give to other Authors?
Be your authentic self. Write in your voice and it’s very important because that’s the one
the thing that’ll set you apart from others.
Also, run your own race with patience (Hebrews 12:1 KJV). The KJV has the word
“patience” in that scripture verse and I love it as it gives me a beautiful mental image of a
group of people in a race against an individual running by him or herself.
When you are running with a group of people, it’s called competition and there’s no room for
patience because your main aim is to run fast and win. But, if you are alone in a race, there’s
nobody to compare yourself with. You can do it at your own pace. No pressure.


It is you letting God guide you one step at a time. There’s no need to compare yourself with
other authors who have sold thousands of books while you may seem to be crawling.
You are in your own race and they are in theirs.
Taking advice and learning from them is different than wanting to be exactly at their level
within a short amount of time. That will cause you a lot of frustration. God sees differently so
be thankful for the people He sends your way who’ll purchase your book. Appreciate the
little things while you aim higher.

6. what is your favorite drink and snack when you are reading a book?
Water and crackers.

7 what is your favorite coffee drink?
I prefer tea to coffee.

8. what are your favorite book store and coffee shop?
Panera is one of my favorite writing spots.

9. did you go to college to be a writer?
No, I did not. Being a writer wasn’t even one of the things that crossed my mind as a kid
when I got asked what I wanted to be when I grow up. I actually went to college to be a
social worker. I do enjoy writing in my journal but I never dreamed of publishing a book. I
feel like it happened accidentally for me.
In March 2018, God asked me to be more intentional about teaching my three boys to know
Him so I started doing one on one Bible “sessions” with them. I thought I was going to be
doing all the teaching, but God has used them to teach me so much—and they are still
teaching me. I refer to them as both my students and teachers. GOD’S UNBREAKABLE
EYES came out of one of those Bible sessions and so did my first children’s book, MY
MOMMY’S NAME IS MOMMY.


10. where can people find you online? 
You can find me on my website  https://www.janeasamoah.com/ My books are also available
on Amazon, Barnes & Noble online, Walmart, Target online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter Q1. Tell us about yourself. What are your favorite books to read? A. I started reading clean romance when I was fourteen. I married my high school sweetheart and worked as a hairdresser for ten years. Once insurance became important, I went to work at a bank and the corporate offices of a large fragrance company. After our son was born, I became a stay at home mom. I love reading Christian Contemporary Romance. Q2. Where did the inspiration to write come from? A. There came a time when I couldn’t find anything clean anymore when I was in my early thirties, so I decided to write what I wanted to read. My characters kept praying and talking to God and I realized I was writing Christian romance instead of merely clean. It took me nine and a half years to get published. Q3. How did you come up with the titles of your books? A. I start with a working title that fits the theme of the book. Sometimes, I change it as

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Beaches i have been to and what i found and saw on the beach!

I have traveled so much with my family having a stepdad who travels for his job has been a blast and a blessing we have lived in so many places and got to see a lot of beaches this is me at myrtle beach. we loved myrtle beach, I found a lot of seashells there too and we saw birds and dead jellyfish and more, This is me when I was at north myrtle beach my family came in to town to visit us so we went to north myrtle beach and I find a cute little   hermit crab rolling around on the ocean floor so I picked it up and showed my aunt what I have found don't worry we put it back in the ocean.  honeymoon island in Florida loved it there we saw so many cool things and I am carrying my purple bag to find seashells I love seashells I have so many that I collected know we saw a sea turtle there and some birds and fish and I loved the sea air and how it smelled.  Hudson beach in  Hudson Florida that was beautiful too we went there for my sister autumns birthda