Skip to main content

Introducing Author Allyson Olivia



Author Interview - Allyson olivia 

Author of 
"The Adventures of Super Cam the Super Hero for Kids."


Amazon:


Q1.Please tell me more about yourself?

A. I'm from Baltimore, Maryland and I currently live in Northern Virginia with my husband and two children. I work full time for a government agency and I pursue my passion for creative writing when I get the opportunity.  I'm the owner of Penvision Ink, a publishing company dedicated to producing books that inspire others to understand their worth.  

Q2. What are your favorite books to read?

A. You will find a variety of titles in my library from inspirational to marketing books. Years ago, I read fiction mostly. Now I tend to read books that will help me create and sustain wealth, and improve my mental, spiritual and physical health. When I want to relax and take my mind on a journey, I read fiction. A few books that I am either reading or are in my quest to read are: Determined- Living Like Jesus in Every Moment by Heather Dixon, The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates, Feeding the Soul by Tabitha Brown, Get Good with Money by Tiffany Aliche, and #staymarried-A Couple’s Devotional by Michelle Peterson.  

Q3. Do you like coffee or tea?


A. I like both. I know I should make a choice when being asked about a preference, but I can't choose. I like them both equally, but for different reasons. I need coffee to get through the day when I'm working and tea relaxes me.

Q4. How many books have you written?

A. I've written three books.

Q5. Do you have a favorite bookstore?

A. I've moved several times, but a bookstore I visited often while living in Dallas, Texas was the Barnes & Noble in Highland Village. It was close to home and they had reading hours and activities for infants and toddlers, which was convenient for me at the time. 

Q6. Did you go to college for writing?

A. Yes, I have a bachelor's in Mass Communications from Susquehanna University, a master's in Journalism from Syracuse University, and a master's in Biblical and Theological Studies from Dallas Theological Seminary where I took several creative writing classes.

Q7. Growing up What were your favorite books to read?

A. Growing up, I loved to read fiction. As a child, my father took me to the Enoch Pratt library after school. 

Q8. How did you get inspired to write a book?

A. I was inspired to write my first book, In The Name of the Father, when I understood that struggles are an opportunity to trust God. I believe that challenges in life push us to triumph and give us testimonies. My inspiration to write comes from the desire to share the hope we have in Jesus. 

Q9. What hobbies do you have?

A. Writing and reading are things I like to do when I have the time. 

Q10. Do you have a favorite coffee shop?

A. I had a favorite coffee shop in Lochearn, Maryland, which has since closed. It was called Street Folks and it was an intimate space that had open-mic poetry. My friends and I would go every weekend and I would share my poetry some nights. While the tea was amazing, the experience is what drew me to a coffee shop every weekend while I lived in that part of town. 

Q11. Where can people find you online?

A. They can find me online at  allysonoliviaringgold.com
Facebook: Author Allyson Olivia
Twitter: Allyson Olivia
 Instagram:  Allyson Olivia



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter

Interviewing Author Shannon Taylor Vannatter Q1. Tell us about yourself. What are your favorite books to read? A. I started reading clean romance when I was fourteen. I married my high school sweetheart and worked as a hairdresser for ten years. Once insurance became important, I went to work at a bank and the corporate offices of a large fragrance company. After our son was born, I became a stay at home mom. I love reading Christian Contemporary Romance. Q2. Where did the inspiration to write come from? A. There came a time when I couldn’t find anything clean anymore when I was in my early thirties, so I decided to write what I wanted to read. My characters kept praying and talking to God and I realized I was writing Christian romance instead of merely clean. It took me nine and a half years to get published. Q3. How did you come up with the titles of your books? A. I start with a working title that fits the theme of the book. Sometimes, I change it as

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace

Interviewing Author Grahame Peace Q1. Tell me about yourself what are your favorite books to read? A. I’m 61 years of age and was born in the Northern Textile Town of Huddersfield in England where I still live with my partner. I like many genres of books, but I don’t like anything too dark; before I retired I worked for many years in Mental Health Services in the UK, so I had more than my fill of ‘life’, and the ups and downs it can throw at people. So, I tend to go for books that offer escapism, I also like history, autobiographies, and biographies. At the moment I’m enjoying the fictional book ‘The Haunting of Ashburn House by Darcy Coates. I say I’m retired, but I now consider myself to be an author, I treat it as a full-time job, working on my books for several hours most days. Q2. when did you decide you were going to write a book? A. I retired from my job with the National Health Service in the UK nearly five years ago now; I’d already started my first book by th

Beaches i have been to and what i found and saw on the beach!

I have traveled so much with my family having a stepdad who travels for his job has been a blast and a blessing we have lived in so many places and got to see a lot of beaches this is me at myrtle beach. we loved myrtle beach, I found a lot of seashells there too and we saw birds and dead jellyfish and more, This is me when I was at north myrtle beach my family came in to town to visit us so we went to north myrtle beach and I find a cute little   hermit crab rolling around on the ocean floor so I picked it up and showed my aunt what I have found don't worry we put it back in the ocean.  honeymoon island in Florida loved it there we saw so many cool things and I am carrying my purple bag to find seashells I love seashells I have so many that I collected know we saw a sea turtle there and some birds and fish and I loved the sea air and how it smelled.  Hudson beach in  Hudson Florida that was beautiful too we went there for my sister autumns birthda